Welcome to the Berkeley Telecom Catalog, an updated and easier-to-use version of the IST Shopping Cart.
Since the launch of the new Telecom Catalog in May 2014, campus customers have been using the Telecom Catalog to procure all Voice Products and Services. On Monday, September 21, 2015, campus customers started using the Telecom Catalog to place requests for Data Network services.
Place request for all Telecom services at http://ucb.service-now.com
- Requesting new services
- Changing, moving or disconnecting existing services
- Funding Changes and Service Ownership Changes
- Voice Projects
- Data Network
Once the order is placed, the system generates an order or RITM number for the request. That serves as your tracking number for the service request you made.
Notification of changes about an existing order can be made directly into the order or RITM number in the notes section. The analyst assigned to process your order can see and get the information directly from the order notes or comments.
Services Offered by Application
Open an incident for break/fix or support questions at email@example.com
- Voicemail password resets
- Repair for existing voice services
- Support for using voice services, e.g., ReadyTalk or voicemail support
- Request consultation on voice and data network services
- General inquiries
Once an incident is opened, the system issues a tracking number that can be used to follow your request until it is resolved. Comments can be added at any time for the analyst who is working on your incident.
Since most of our customers already know and are used to sending us questions and inquiries via our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org we thought it will be best to allow the system to automate the process of forwarding emails from email@example.com directly into service now incident. You will notice that when you send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you get an incident request acknowledgement from Service Now incident management. This is efficient and removes the confusion about when to log in at a different location
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our consulting unit at email@example.com or call 664-9000. Select options 1,3,1 to speak to one of our consultants.
For information regarding other IST Services, please refer to http://ist.berkeley.edu
Telecom Liaisons List http://telcat.berkeley.edu/telecom-liaison/liaison-list
This application is for faculty and staff only. For student Telecom Services contact Residence Telephone Services.
Two-way Non-Emergency Radios TELCAT Link language 20140801 final-1.docx
The Telecom Catalog has a Knowledge Base with articles to help you with questions that may arise. If you can't find your answers in the Knowledge Base, contact the Telecom Customer Care Unit: email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (510) 664-9000 (options 1, 3, 1).
New as of September 21, 2015
Data Network Services
- Data Network Connection
- Campus Wi-Fi Service
- Firewall Service
- Load Balancer Service
- Data Networking for Research
- Site-to-Site VPN Service
- AWS Direct Connect Service
- All Other Data Networking Requests
- Data Network Cabling Service
- Move / Modify Existing Data Network Service
- Disconnect / Delete Existing Data Network Service
- Add and Upgrade Cellular Devices and Services
- Add Voice Services
- Manage Existing Voice Services
- Assign Departmental Permissions
Manage Existing Services
- Change, Move or Disconnect UC Backup or Data Network Product or Service
- Change Funding for Data Network Recharge
- View all Data Network Servcie owned by a Department
- Assign Departmental Permissions for the IST Shopping Cart
- Request a repair for a Voice Product or Service and Data Network Product or Service or UC Backup